staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle, #1) - Maggie Stiefvater Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

If Blue kisses her true her, he will die....

Maggie Stiefvater comes with a new series. The Raven Boys is a story that will captivate you until the last line. It brings together magic, romance, destiny and a mythological being as it involves a group of boys and one teenage girl.

This story will leave readers breathless, and eager to turn page after page as you find yourself deep within a tale of relatable characters, mythology and perfectly-wound friendships, it will pull at our heartstrings and emotions to no end.

Blue is a strong teenager who has the strangest family, and has always come across as a bit off with her psychic connections. She had been told from many people that if she were to kiss her true love... he will die, or she will kill him. From that point on she had told herself she would never fall in love...

She has always been the kind of girl who does what her family does. Smart. Sensible.. that is, until she meets a group of boys and their journey for something so unbelievable. The more time she spends with them, the more she starts to believe that magic is indeed real.

The friendship between The Raven Boys is one of my favourite things about this story. They each have their own reason for going along with this journey. They each have their own story which will make you weep for them. They all have their own secrets they keep.

They are all bonded together through emotional pacts, history and loyalty toward one another. It's friendships that will keep you invested in the story as more information about each other comes to light.

This was a novel I had been wanting to read since I heard about it, and it lived up to all the hype it had received since the release. It was a beautifully written story, with characters to love and root for, a romance in the making, and a mystery pitted with supernatural elements. It's a book like I have never read before. A book that exceeded all my expectations and was nothing like I thought it would be.

For something that I assumed would be romance-based, I couldn't have been more wrong.

While the story might be Blue's, but it is also written in third-person so we get to see the boys, their pasts as they interact with Blue.

Maggie created a fantastic novel, and I look forward to the second installment to see what is in store for us, and the characters and the story. I anticipate seeing how the soon-to-be romance between Blue and Gansey develops over the course of the series. You see little bits of visions as to how things will be, and it should be interesting to see how this Blue and Gansey become those in the visions Blue gets during the book.

This book is a must read for all fans of Maggie Stiefvater.