staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Lightpoints - Peter Kassan This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

I was given this to review by the author, in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Peter.

This story starts off quick when we see Amanda Nichols being attacked at Grant Central Station. From that point on, when she survives, she discovers something has changed about her. She is not all the same person she was before the attack happened. She has inhierited some special abilities in which she is able to see people's essence's around her, aka light points.
It's a frightening experience for her, but she soon discovers she is not alone...

Amanda soon finds herself on a journey of self discovery in determining the things she can do, what does that mean for her marriage and her family if she is the only one who can do something like this.
This novels goes through all emotions and situations. From death, horror, love, discovery of one's self, friendships and so much more.
This may be Peter Kassan's first published novel, but it was done in a way that can hook a reader to the story to the point of no return.
It may not be the most descriptive novel I have read, but it is as engaging as any other. The characters, the experiences they endure an the things Amanda has to experience throughout the story just manages to pull a reader into the world Peter has created here.

This novel is a rarity. It's a story you don't find around often, so when you do, you cherish it for what it is.
A great vision, characters, relationships and a plot to boot. This is one unmissable book.

Rating: 3.5/5