staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Quicksilver - R.J. Anderson This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

A couple of years ago Ultraviolet came out and It was one of he best books I had read that year. It had everything.. from mystery to romance, with shocks and twists. The ending, while felt satisfying, but also left with quite the cliffhanger, so you knew there was more story to tell. I waited for that story...

Until now...
This is Tori's story.

In book one, we discovered Allison's story and what happened to her. Tori seemed to be more of a mystery waiting to be discovered. In Quicksilver, we follow her as she and her parents leave town and find a new life for themselves. To try to escape those wanting to track Tori down.
Tori settles in her new life with a new name and identity, and everything seems to be running smoothly, that is until the moment that changes the course of one event, and she isn't alone. Somebody knows her secret.

Not too soon later, Allison finds herself with a surprise vistor: a shock from her past in the name of Sebastian Faraday. He is someone who she probably wished she would never see again, yet also glad she did. Although, from that point forward, Allison finds herself in a situation and a journey to which she thought she left behind. But no... her past has caught up to her, and it won't stop until something is done about it.

Awhile, I admit, Ultraviolet was a more mystery, freaky and fast paced, Quicksilver is a little bit different. It was still enjoyable in its own right since Tori is not Allison, we can't expect things to be in the same capacity.

I found myself really liking Allison, and her love interest. I adored Sebastian from the beginning, and we see much more of him in this sequel. Interesting things come to light, shocking events take place and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

It was nice to see the pieces fit together. Things get resolved, and a happy ending in sight. This was a great continuation of the book I loved. I was glad to be back in that world because it's different from anything else I had read.

I now officially feel content and satisfied with how things turned out.

Rating: 4.5/5