staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Angel Fire - L.A. Weatherly
This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

In the sequel to 'Angel', L.A Weatherly brings back to Alex and Willow's story where we find that after the events of the first book they are on the run. Alex and Willow slowly make their way toward Mexico where they meet up with a bunch of AK (Angel Killers) led by someone from Alex's past. They need someone to lead them that knows what they are doing and that would be Alex. Leading these guys isn't something he originally wished to do, but he was nonetheless convinced it's what is best for everyone.

Not only that, but Willow starts to have dreams of some mystery guy, who turns out to be another (I know, geez how many are there?) half angel, whom has been looking for Willow all his life.
Insert cue for love triangle. *groan*
I know, I know. Trust me.. we all hate or love to hate love triangles.. but what I loved about how it was done in this book is how Willow's love for Alex never wavered. It was still constant, even with her growing attraction toward Seb.
And I suppose you could say this new third party in their relationship made things more exciting with the tension that was between the three of them, but I still preferred when it was just Alex and Willow.

Alex was as awesome as ever. If anything I think I might have fallen in love with him a little more in this book. Seb, was an interesting character, and I liked him to a degree. I just didnt like the amount of interest he had in Willow.

There was quite a bit of action going on in this book, and it swaps POVs, between Willow, Alex, Seb and Raziel, who is Willow's Angel father.

I anticipate waiting for the final book in this trilogy, for when I think all hell will break loose and there probably will be a final confrontation between the angels and the AK's and we'll see who comes out alive. Who will win, who will lose?

Rating: 5/5