staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Storm (Elementals, #1) - Brigid Kemmerer This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

The debut novel to this outstanding new series blew me away more than I could ever say. I had heard so much about this breathtaking series to a point where I thought maybe I would be let down with the hype I had been hearing.
I gotta say -- I was thankful where the hype lived up to my own view on this book.

When you have interesting characters, a world that hooks you in and with mythology to boot, that is a recipe for a great series to come.

Becca Chandler was just an ordinary teenage girl, but after witnessing the beating of a boy after taking some defense classes, she does the crazy thing -- scare off the attackers and rescue the boy who is wounded and bleeding to a pulp. It turns out that this boy ends up being one of the brothers who are known for their bad boy status.
This very act pushes Becca into a world she never would have expected, but one she can't help but involved in. The moment she takes Chris Merrick home, that is the very very moment when things change for Becca, and for Chris. These two will find themselves so involved in one another's lives.
Then she meets Hunter... he is the new boy in town and finds himself helping Becca.

I fell in love with these characters right away. From Becca and Chris -- who I wished would get their act together and realize their feelings for one another, to Hunter and the other Merrick brothers. I didn't like Michael in the beginning, but as the story went on, I slowly began to understand why he is the way he is. It helps to read the prequel to this story, which is Michael's story and what happened to bring him to this position he is in.

The mythology which Brigid created with this series I loved just as quickly. The fact that a group of brothers each have an individual ability, who have a curse. They are dark, but they feel so much emotion.

I bought the next two books very quickly, I now have to get to reading them.

Rating: 5/5