staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Natural Born Angel  - Scott Speer This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

I fell in love with Immortal City last year. I read it on the plane when I was holidaying in the US late last year. It was hands down one of my favourite books of 2012, and my fav that involved angels. I fell for the relationship between Maddy and Jacks, and the love they have for one another.
Not only that, but the mythology and the world which Scott has created I loved immediately.
I was looking forward to this sequel and couldn't wait to find myself in this world once again.

The relationship between Maddy and Jack didn't really feel like the same one I had fallen in love with. There were things, people that came in between them. But it was also Maddy and Jacks themselves. Jealousy and Jack's ego forced him to a point where he was pushing Maddy away even if he didn't know it. Maddy was becoming the new hottest thing in Angel city, where it was Jacks before now, and when since Jacks is recovering from something horrible that happened to him, it takes him away from the boy she fell in love with. It brings out different sides to Jacks that aren't exactly loveable.

When everything goes to shit, Maddy is forced to make the choice between the humans, and the angels, and this is a choice that could change or end her relationship with Jacks forever. No matter if she is half angel, the fact she grew up human, have human family... she begins down a road where she and her loved one is on different sides of an oncoming war. It's a war that could break the world down the middle.

I knew there was a triangle starting up in this book before I read it. I didn't like it. I just wanted my Maddy and Jacks. I wanted to see the love from book 1. But I don't think it was more about choosing one or the other, it seemed to be more about choosing humanity over angels.

I am looking forward to the next book, and hopefully Scott will bring back the Maddy and Jacks that we love.

Rating: 4.5/5