staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Unspoken  - Sarah Rees Brennan This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

Brennan brings a dark, romantic and magical story and makes it unique in its own right. I can't believe I had put this book off for as long as I did. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the world the author has created.

Kami Glass is a teenager who has been in love with someone she hasn't met. From the moment she was born, Kami has always been able to hear this voice inside her head. She doesn't know where it came from, all she knows is that it's always been there.
She stopped talking about him when people thought she was crazy, or didn't believe her. I mean.. would you?
The moment that the Lyburns arrive back into town, she realizes that the voice inside her head has always been real, and now stands in front of her.

As Kami and Jared try to navigate the boundaries of their new-real relationship, they can't decide what they now are to one another. Are they friends , or something more?
The romance between them was something I loved about the book. But we also discover another side to a triangle in the form of his brother, someone she doesn't have the ability to hear his thoughts or be able to talk to in their heads.

The truth of why they have this ability soon comes to light, but not before they both get involved in a deadly battle between good and evil. Right and wrong.
There is a paranormal twist to these characters. To this town, and if Kami wants things to be normal again, she'll have to do things she never would have done before.

It took me a while to understand that the town was actually called Sorry-in-the-Vale, I mean seriously? What kind of name is that? But it is something I got used to over the course of the book.

And come on, the cliffhanger? It made me want to scream. Want to throw the book across the wall, and smack Jared. It made no sense to me, I hope the next book deals with this and what comes next.

There was many parts of this book that I enjoyed. It had a great friendship aspect. There was shocking reveals and admissions.

I definitely will be picking up the next book as soon as it comes out.

Rating: 4.5/5