staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Birthmarked - Caragh M. O'Brien This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

From the moment I opened the very first page, I was hooked.

We're taken right into Gaia's world of being a young midwife, following in her mother's footsteps. At sixteen, Gaia knows just about everything there is to know about delivering a child, but while her mother is at another birth, Gaia is forced to deliver her very first child out into the world.She starts to feel guilty about delivering the child to the Enclave for others to raise, but she serves the Enclave and is taught not to ask questions, and do as she is told.

Upon arriving home, Gaia is told her parents had been taken into the Enclave for questioning, basically arrested for something she can't imagine they would be involved in. She too is questioned regarding information her parents might have kept hidden by a soldier. How could she know anything like this... she has no idea what was going on.
From that moment on, she determined to find her parents and sort out the mess they think they are in. She is sure they must be mistaken. But getting inside the wall was proving harder than she imagined, and that's when things start to take off..

I really fell in love with Gaia's story of not just finding her parents, but also finding out the truth. Along the way, she meets and gets to know the solider who questioned her. Leon.

The romance in this book felt very natural, and realistic. These two characters. Gaia and Leon both have been through complicated messes and come out at the other side.
The journey to discover the truth behind the patterns, and the package that was left to her seems to be more complicated than she thought. She does not have a lot of time other wise, she could end up dead.

I really liked the mystery behind this story. And the end gives more to work with for a series. I loved this book the first time I read it, and even more the 2nd time.

This story feels different than a lot of the dystopian things out there. And the writing was just great. Caragh has a knack of getting you addicted in the world she has created.

Rating: 5/5