staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Avenger (Halflings, #3) - Heather Burch This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for giving me this chance to review this installment in this great series.

We are back in Nikki, Mace and Raven's world as Nikki has to make some tough choices, choose who she wants to be, and who she wants to be with (I personally think the choice was evident since the beginning) and do what it takes to become the person she needs to be in these trying times.

This was a great end to the series (though I am hearing whispers about a possible fourth book? Maybe focusing on Raven given the ending) that ties up the relationship between Nikki, Mace and Raven. It ties up things that you had wondered about.
It was with her faith and love (but in different ways) for both boys that gave her the strength to grow into the person she was determined to become as she goes on her final mission.

Heather did a great job at ending this trilogy and I was definitely happy about the outcome. I have loved all these characters, the main three especially. It pulled at my heart strings at some moments between Mace and Nikki, and Raven and Nikki. But sometimes being on the losing side of a triangle isn't always a losing battle, sometimes it makes you grow and change so that person has the ability to find happiness elsewhere. Sometimes it is going through that experience of love and loss is what prepares you and makes you believe again.

Nikki was an amazing lead character for this series. She was young and lost in the beginning, things changed quickly when she met this group of guys who, in the end, changed her life and made her stronger and more alive than ever before.

If there will be a spinoff, I'd definitely check it out. But if not.. that's fine for me too, since the ending was a satisfying one, but leaves things open for more exploration.

4 out of 5.