staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

Allison has always wanted things that is forbidden to her. First it was Zeke; the human boy who stole her heart, and then it was Eden where she was not wanted. After discovering that her maker and mentor, Kanin is in trouble Allison decides it's her job to go and save him whatever the cost.

She begins on a long journey to locate where Kanin could be, but soon discovers someone so completely unexpected on her trip that she didn't expect to find: her blood brother Jackal. After the two of them form an unlikely alliance they discover a plague lurking around, which was a deadly virus named Red Lung that wiped out so much of humanity long ago, and their sire just might be the one person who knows the cure. That is if they are able to get to him in time before Lethal, Sarren does more damage than he has already.

As they go from place to place, they are forced to control certain things from Allie's past and when they run into the most unlikiest person they just might discover there is hope yet for them all.
The race is on and if they don't rescue Kanin soon; they might not have anyone to rescue.

In this book, Allison becomes so much stronger and embraces her vampire side where in the previous installment that was something she kept hidden or refused to think existed. But when things come to light, Allison meets people from her past once again.. she'll have to make a choice that could end up costing her more than she ever imagined.

Love interest to Allie, Zeke makes a return and there was certain things about him and his family that get revealed which I don't see coming. I am glad though, to have him more involved with the story than he was. I didn't want him to just be a love interest, because to be honest in the first book I didn't really get a feel for him or his relationship with Allison. But in this book.. Damn, I was downright shipping them.
He really comes to his own as a character and I was so thankful, because it wouldn't be Julie if any character was just put in just for one reason. They need things to do.

Jackal. Oh, how was it possible that I went from hating him in The Immortal Rules to adoring him in this novel? It seemed impossible, but you start to understand him a bit more than before. It was nice to see that he was not all bad that he appeared originally. I look foward to seeing more of him in the next book.

And last, but not least... my second favourite character... Kanin. I don't know why, but from off the bat in The Immortal Rules, I really connected to this lonely and stubborn vampire. He clearly has issues, but he was a teacher and mentor to Allison. Give her life and a new understanding on vampires when she became one. He gave her a home and lessons on how to survive on how she is now, and if it wasn't for him... she probably would not have lived this long.
Even though we didn't see as much of him as I would have liked, I thought what we did get was worth while and it meant something.
Kanin is someone who you can like and understand. He has been through so much in trying to find a cure over the years. I love his relationship he has with Allison.. he is not just her sire and mentor, but also her family. More than blood.

Of course we are left with one huge whopping cliffhanger that makes you... W.T.F. Yes. It will leave you hanging like nothing else.

I personally can't wait to see where Julie takes things in the next book in this series.. I do wonder though, is this a trilogy.. or will there be more books? Feels like it could be a trilogy though. Most series these days tend to be.

I would like to thank Harlequin Australia and Netgalley for giving me this chance to review this title in exchange for a honest review.

Rating: 5 out of 5.