staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Once Burned - Jeaniene Frost This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

In the first book in the Night Huntress spinoff, we see the tale of Vlad and his love interest, Leila.

The Night Huntress series is one of my favourites in the paranormal romance genre. Jeaniene Frost can do no wrong, and while I was a little unsure on this spinoff at first, which was why it had taken me this long to get around to reading it; I was glad that I did.
I couldn't remember much about Vlad prior to this book, but in Once Burned, I fell in love with him. I fell in love with our heroine, Leila as well.

Leila is not an ordinary human. She for the longest time she has found herself to be a freak, because after an accident as a child she has been able to see things when she touches someone skin-by-skin. She can learn their deepest, darkest secrets and that very skill isn't always a good thing. That very thing can get her into trouble.

After being kidnapped and told to contact someone, she has no idea what she is getting herself into. When Leila and Vlad meet through unusual circumstances; fire ignites between them to a point that it's not something they will be able to deny... not for long anyway.
But the journey for them to get to the right point won't be an easy one, but I look forward as we go through the rest of the series so that these two can get their happy ending.

I never imagined the kind of woman who would be enough to handle Vlad.. that is until Leila came along. She is such a strong woman, someone who anyone would be glad to have as their heroine in a book. She is everything you could want as a protagonist, as this series seems to be told from her POV, even though it's also Vlad's series and had been promoted as his. But I think it works well though. I think we had to understand Leila to connect with her and feel she is the best possible choice for someone as amazing as Vlad.

Jeaniene has this way with words. Everything she seems to do can capture a reader and bring them in her world no matter what she is writing. I am at the point where I would read anything she publishes.

Rating: 4.5.