staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Heaven  - Alexandra Adornetto This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

The conclusion to young author, Alexandra Adornetto's angelic trilogy comes to an end with "Heaven."

In the final book, Hell will have fury like archangels storm. After the end of Hades, where Bethany and Xavier got engaged during graduation, the Gods, or in this case the Angels gave their disblessing on this union.
Bethany and Xavier are more in love than ever, and not even the angels and God can stop them from being together. Who says who makes the rules on love? Why does Love have restrictions? Their love will be tested in this final conclusion as they all will battle the forces of evil and even good.

Marriage is hard enough for normal people, but when one of those people is an angel and one human... that makes things a little more complicated than most.
This end will reveal so much. Revelations I didn't see coming, and things from the past that make known in the present. It makes things... destined, if you will.

I was excited to read the final end to this trilogy. I loved the first two books, and while I liked a lot of this book, I sometimes felt I wanted to slap Bethany from time to time.
I did admire them for never backing down on the love they have for one another though, and as things get revealed, you begin to understand that maybe they were always meant to fall in love and change the course of things. That maybe.. not everything is set in stone.

I adored that we discovered more about Ivy and her past and how it relates to certain people in the story. We never get to see much of the others before, and so I was excited to read more about who she is, and what she has done before.
Gabriel is also someone who surprised me. I have always liked his relationship with his siblings, but also with Molly. Gabriel is someone who likes to be in control, but Molly makes him... not in control so much, and I think that scares him and makes him unpredictible. I do think he and anyone else deserves some unpredictibility and out of control stuff to happen. It'll help him in the long run.

There was some slow parts, some things I was disappointed in, but all in all, I felt it was a nice ending to this trilogy. Alexandra Adornetto had a knack for detail, and that was what drew me into this series to begin with. I look forward to see what she does next..

Rating: 3.5 / 5