staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare

This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

In what was one of the most anticipated books of 2011, this one did not disappoint.
When this story picks up, it has only been a few weeks since the end of Clockwork Angel, and Will has been avoiding Tessa like the plague.
Tessa, meanwhile has been spending more time with Jem, and while the two of them become closer, Tessa still can't seem to remove Will from her head -- or her heart.

I read this book within 24 hours, and I loved it. This series just keeps getting better and better.
Tessa grows stronger emotionally and physically in this book than where she started off, in the beginning of Clockwork Angel.
The betrayal of her brother, Nate shocker her to pieces but that's nothing compared to what happens in this book.
Not only does Nate appear, but he seems to be in the middle of the whole mess with mortmain once again.

Will/Jem: I love their friendship, and we begin to understand more about the bond that ties them together. I just don't know how this triangle with Tessa is going to work and have their friendship not get wrecked.
Maybe if she chooses herself in the end and disappears? I don't know. I guess we won't know until Clockwork Princess comes out in 2012 to discover those answers.

There are so many questions that need to be answered in the final book in the trilogy. What is Tessa? Will she choose Jem or Will? her head or her heart?
Will they catch Mortmain?

There was a few people in this book who surprised me. One would be Sophie, who has grown into quite a strong young woman.
And the other is Jessamine. Now her, sometimes I wanted to wring her neck for being so niave and stupid, and sometimes I wanted to hug her for her innocence.
Charlotte and Henry. They really are a good team no matter what they seemed to think. There was definite progress and you begin to understand them and their marriage a bit more... and there is something that might just surprise you.

The triangle: Jem, Will and Tessa.
Yes, she has grown closer to Jem during this book.. but her heart is always been on Will, and that certainly does not change in this book.
Will has always kept Tessa at arms length for a reason and that reason just might tear them apart forever.
As much as Tessa may try.. she can't seem to remove her heart away from Will. He brings fire. heat and everything she has never had but always wanted before.
A mere touch sets her body alight. But he has always been this forbidden fruit, where she never thought she could be with him. Whether it was because there was no future there, or from Will's own doing.
Even when she is with Jem.. a part of her lies with Will and always "will" LOL

I enjoyed the friendship between Tessa and Jem, but romance? I don't know.. It kinda was a tad awkward for me to read about. I had an open mind (even though I am Team Will), but there was something about it that just seemed off. Like she was settling for something because she couldn't bare to hurt him.
And now she can't have the real one she wants, because she feels she can't hurt Jem. It's such a tricky situation. I don't envy Tessa, because whomever she chooses the other one will end up hurt.

Will,
Oh Will. What can I say? I have always loved him.. ever since he turned up in the first book. He captured my heart and there was always something about him that was kept hidden inside his heart.
And his secret finally was revealed. It wasn't what I was expecting, but it makes sense and you begin to understand where he is coming from.
There is so much depth to him, so much hurt and love in his heart, that you just want.. need him to be happy.. but the only person that does that is Tessa.

There was some shocks and some surprises in this book. Twists and turns.. And of course, a cliffhanger.
It was a wild journey Cassie takes us on, and one that will conclude in Clockwork Princess. Can it come out now? No? Darn.

If you are a fan of The Mortal Instruments series, and if you loved Clockwork Angel, the first book in this series.. then this second installment is a must read.

Rating: 5 out of 5