staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Frostbite - Richelle Mead Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

In the second installment to this enticing series, Richelle Mead has done it again.

We follow the story of Rose as she battles love, hurt, loss and the journey of growing up. In this book, Rose has to go through many things that will change her. First is when she discovers the strigoi are aiming at closer to home.
After discovering a house full of murders, Rose begins to understand more about how the world works. She starts to grow up into someone to be reckoned with.

After parents and students scared after recent events, everyone heads to a ski lodge where it will help getting their minds off the attacks, but what happens there, well might as well be worse than anything Rose of her friends have ever encountered before.

This is yet another action-packed adventure for the ever-growing Rose Hathaway, as she battles her feelings for Dimitri, friendship with Mason and all the strange happenings that occur throughout the book.
We also get our first appearance by Adrian in this book. When I first read this, I wasn't a big fan of Adrian, but I now have come to have a new appreciation for him after seeing him as a main character in the Bloodlines series.
I can now see that things with him isn't what they appear to be. It's nice to go back and see things differently with a new pair of eyes.

We are also introduced to Rose's mother, who is a legend amongst the Guardians. She and Rose have an interesting sort of relationship. They are very alike whether they like to admit it or not, and not better the preferred word in this instant. But there was moments between them where you could tell Rose needed her mother, and some sweet moments that will go a long way into repairing their relationship. Of course, there are also 'other' moments where they get in each others faces, and it's usually not a pretty sight.

The end of this book.. will always make me bawl. It is one of those moments that you don't see coming and it will rip you heart into pieces. Heartbreaking, full of angst, bits of romance, mystery and intrigue. This book is sure a keeper and one you will keep thinking about even after you have closed the book.