staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
The Blood Countess - Tara Moss Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

I was given The Skeleton Key to review, but since I hadn't read the first two, I decided to track down the books to read and review them first. So while I am quite behind on my review for Book 3, I knew I had to read the first two first. I'm picky like that.

In the first installment to this Pandora English series, Tara Moss takes us on a journey as we discover a young girl, Pandora, 19 years old travels to New York City to live with her Great Aunt after not being able to turn down the enticing invitation.

Upon arriving in New York, she soon finds herself in a whole new world she couldn't have expected if she tried. Gaining an position at a top-fashion magazine, Pandora, the same name as herself, her world begins to turn upside down when her first assignment at work is covering the latest miracle cream product, but Pandora quickly discovers there is just something not quite right about this miracle cream. There is a real possibility that it does more than making your skin look younger... something so far sinister is at work, and if she doesn't discover something fast...it will be deadly to everyone around her.
Pandora's new life is everything she hoped it would be. Exiciting, full of life and new experiences, but when she starts to see the dead, she realizes that she might not be so normal after all.

This is a story of a new beginning, finding ones self, and understanding that not everything is as it seems.

I really liked this novel. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I found myself pleasantly surprised.

Verdict: 3.5 / 5