staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Taken at Dusk - C.C. Hunter Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

In this next installment, Kylie again has her hands full, not just of her romantic prospects, but also because she has a ghost following her but who has amnesia. Odd, right?
Things are never dull in Shadow Falls. Something is always going on whether it's ghosts, romance, drama or teenage bickering.
These are very quick and easy reads, you can read them in such a short amount of time as it's so easy to get sucked into this world that cc. hunter has created. It's so alive. Magic and exhilirating.

Taken at Dusk has it's own twist and surprises. Kylie soon gets the answers she is looking for, but is she ready for them, or will it be too much to handle? There are all sorts of problems that come in this story, and it is one surprise after another.
Kylie finally decides between the boys and gives Lucas a chance to see where things go. That doesn't mean her feelings for Derek disappears, especially when he says and does things that make you swoon and root for him.
And while Kylie may not know what she is, that is what makes it harder for Lucas's pack to accept them as a couple, because it is kinda forbidden for them to be together. Ah, werewolves and their laws, eh?

This book has its fair share of romantic dramas, and not just including the current triangle between Kylie and the boys. We also have Holiday and Burnett, and also Miranda and Perry. Both of these relationship aren't coming easy, but sometimes, girls can be picky.
There is also some great moments between the girls ... Kylie and her two roomates. I really love this friendship they all have together. They are all each different from one another, but have bonded in a way that is really admiring.

When I think about the triangle, its actually quite well done. Most YA series... someone always gets hurt, killed off or leaves. But this series, c.c. hunter seems to be doing is better than most I have read in a long time. They can be done right, it's a matter of how you plot it out and stay true to the characters.

And while I have my preference, I do think it's hard to tell which way it will end up.

Verdict: 4.5 / 5