staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13) - Rachel Caine Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

In the thirteenth book of Rachel's series, you can feel it's slowly winding down. That doesn't make it less exciting or interesting though, as she somehow manages to keep each book fresh within the story scope.

This book, like some of the previous ones have a couple of different POVS. This book is unlike the others we have read. Things have changed between Claire and Amelie. Even Amelie and Oliver.. and many other relationships.
The stakes are raised, and things are even more intense now that Michael and Eve have gotten married, which was against all the laws there are.

Along with the action, as there is plenty of that, this book is more focused on the relationships of our core characters. We have Michael and Eve, as they go through the typical things of a married couple, less alone a marriage between a vampire and a human. Claire and Shane seem to have their own share of problems, and issues they have to deal with... and then we have Oliver and Amelie. That relationship is always something I wanted to see, even though they were always in competition of one another, and in this book... we get a glimpse of how they feel about one another.

I really felt bad for Oliver at a point in this book. It seems almost everyone was being used in one way or another. Oliver, Amelie and then our beloved characters as well. Manipulation by someone they can't control or stop. I think both Amelie and Oliver are very similar, and maybe that was what have bonded them together over the centuries they have known one another.

The ending of this book... opens up a new beginning, and I can see the light of the end, I think. It was a ending which I probably thought wouldn't happen until the end. I look forward to see what happens now. It kind of brings a whole new range of options for the characters.

Verdict: 4.5/5