staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Half-Blood - Jennifer L. Armentrout Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

While this book sounds a lot like Richelle Mead's "Vampire Academy," and trust me, the signs were definitely there,but if you look deeper you can see it's a whole different story, damned the similarities between the series.

We are introduced to Alex, who is a half blood. After being on the run and the death of her mother, she is discovered and gets sent back to the academy she attended before her mother took her away.
Alex is a great protagonist. She is strong, independant, and goes where her heart takes her, even if her heart is telling her something that is so impossible.
We also have the love interest, Aiden. A total hottie, who will make you swoon at anything he says. It's not just on the surface. He has hidden sadness behind those beautiful eyes and smile.
Then we have Seth. He is someone unexpected, and you'll be thrown through a loop when it is revealed as to the connection he has with Alex, and then... we have a triangle formed. Both boys have their moments, and loveable things about them, but me... I have been Team Aiden since his very first scene with Alex. And when I start to love a couple.. there is no going back, and I have a feeling.. with Aiden and Alex, the road is going to be long and hard.

We have shocks and surprises. Things even I didn't see coming. There is lots of things to love about this book. From the relationships to the friendships. The mythology is also something to be really intrigued about.

I'm sure this is the beginning of a great journey for these characters. I look forward to learning more about the whole plot.
A great first installment.

Verdict: 3.5/5