staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Beautiful Darkness - Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

This book picks up the story a few months after Beautiful Creatures left, as the characters deal with the consequences of the events from the previous book.
Lena is depressed as she deals with her personal loss, as her boyfriend, Ethan tries to help and be there for her. Ridley has found herself vulnerable, and more so now than ever before, and she isn't handling it very well.
Not to mention having to attend High School? Go figure.
The relationship between Ridley and Linc reaches new lengths and is one of my favourite parts of this novel. In book 1, they were this fun thing where she liked to mess with him and him with her. But in Beautiful Darkness, you start to see that Ridley doesn't like competition when it comes to this guy and might feel she isn't good enough for him if she is just ordinary without any special talents. If she has to compete with human girls? Ridiculous.
Lincoln has found himself with new abilities after being attacked by an Icubus and he has to learn everything about who he is now all over again.

We have new characters, such as new guy, John Breed.. and Liv, an assistant at the library come into play and their roles within the caster role become evident as the story moves on.

The relationship between our core characters, Ethan and Lena go through some struggles as they both battle with things that are going on around them.

This was a great sequel to Beautiful Creatures, even though I did feel things were dragging on a bit, but the end was definitely interesting and made me itch for the next book. I feel this was the calm before the upcoming storm. Something big and epic is upon the horizon, I can feel it.

Verdict: 4/5