staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) - Richelle Mead Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

2 girls. One bond. A whole lot of trouble.

This is the story of Rose, who is half human and half Mori (vampire). She and her best friend, Lissa, who happens to be a Moroi, which in normal talk is a living vampire, meaning they can die and have specific abilities, are on the run and have been for the past two years.
That soon stops and they are discovered by a guardian, a hot one nonetheless who then takes them back to the academy where they'll have to stay until the end of their education.

The girls, soon find themselves in some different situations of their own. Romantic and action-wise. There was a reason why they were on the run, and that very reason soon comes back to bite them to show that while you can run, you can't hide, and everything always comes out sooner or later.
Rose's life soon becomes complicated when she finds herself attracted to someone she should not be interested in for many reasons, but sometimes the heart does not listen to what your brain is telling you.

I really liked Rose as a protagonist. She is strong, independent. She can also get scared and vulnerable just like anyone. She doesn't want to rely on anyone, as she feels she has to do everything herself, I think it's because she hasn't had the usual upbringing, and didn't have that normal family type childhood it's probably hard for her to trust many people.

Lissa on the other hand. She has changed over the last few years with the death of her family. That would change anyone, it has made her more fearful and scared of things.
Until someone comes into her life that makes her feel alive again, to show her that it's okay to live and not focus on what could be, or what was.

A great first installment to a great series.
Verdict: 5/5