staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Deity - Jennifer L. Armentrout Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

The third book in this amazing series only just gets better as it goes along. Alex's 18th birthday is coming up and we know what that means: Her awakening, and that is something I am not sure she is ready for.

This book solidfied the two core relationships I felt. Alex and Aiden and Alex and Seth. One for the better and one for the worse. You probably can guess which is which. But these things happen.
The relationship between Alex and Aiden I have loved, shipped, supported from the very first book, but they have had their ups and downs considering the reality of their situation. In this book things become very real and they are forced to make a very bold choice. Do they follow their hearts, or do they follow the rules, which shouldn't be put there to begin with?

There are all sorts of twists and turns that transpire in this book. From who Leon really is, the truth about Alex's father and what that could mean for her and what happens the closer she gets to her awakening. What does that mean for her and Seth, and her in general?
There are of course some betrayals that you might not see coming, and end up being quite heartbreaking.

All in all, this book goes down a new path that sets the series on its own and makes anything that comes next bigger and badder than you ever thought possible.

And then we are stuck with dreaded cliffhanger, and it is such a biggie. To also bridge the gap between this book and the next we are then treated to a special novella narrated by Aiden about the events that transpire after the ending to Deity. Be a watchout for that review.

Verdict: 5/5