staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Silence - Becca Fitzpatrick Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

The end of Crescendo, we were left with one major cliffhanger to speculate on what would happen next.
I pondered many things, but what happened, and what we were dealt with didn't come into it. I never expected that Nora would wake up with her memories swiped, for her to have no idea what happened for a few months... who Patch was, or who her father really was, and capable of.
I would think this might be one of my fav books in the series because of everything that happened. That Nora had to remember her love for Patch, and had to find out what happened to her and why.

I can't imagine what she was feeling, or how she even made it through everything she went through. From the time she was kidnapped, to the time she was let go, and couldn't remember a thing. All I know is that I wouldn't wish for this on anyone. It would be such a horrible thing to go through, and one that could change you forever.

Patch too finds himself in quite the situation, after he makes a deal with the devil to save Nora, and not without a price. He finds himself battling many things at once, not to mention trying to get himself to stay away from Nora, for her own good, but sometimes things don't end up the way you try to make them be. It seems whatever is pulling these two together was for a reason and no matter how much he may try, nothing will be able to stop them from reconnecting if that is what is meant to happen.

There is also a big war coming on the horizon, between the fallen angels and the nephilim, and blood will be shed. It's only a matter of time before it happens.

I loved that Becca was able to up the stakes in this story, change things around not to make things boring or predictible. I had a feeling something big was coming, but it doesn't happen in this book, which I imagine why this series was given an extra book to tie up loose ends.

But the cliffhanger? Yeah, Nora is changed all right. She'll soon have to pick a side, and fast, because if she doesn't.. she, and Patch could soon end up dead if she isn't careful.
One of my favourite things in this book was Nora's friendship with Scott, who turned out to be a good friend, probably better than she had expected.

The end is coming... are you ready?

Verdict: 5/5