staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11) - Lara Adrian Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

First off, I would like to thank Delacorte Press and Netgalley for giving me this opportunity to review this book for an honest review.

I was so happy when I discovered that Lara was continuing this series, although I wasn't sure how things would go as she was skipping twenty years from the last novel. It sure was a gutsy move, but I can say for sure that it paid off.
Not only do we see our old and favourite characters, but we also get introduced to a new generation of breed and breedmates. I am excited to see where things will go from here.

Many of us originally had wondered who would be Mira's love interest for this book, because all we knew all year was that she was getting her own story, usually we discover the male first. I hoped upon hope that it would be who I felt it should be. I had hoped that I wasn't seeing things and there was foreshadowing in 'Darker Midnight' between these two characters.
When Lara answered that very important question and we found out that her love interest would be none other than Kellan, I could not have been any more happier than I was. I was glad my instincts were correct, and I could not wait to dig into their story.

I absolutely loved the history that Lara brought to this new generation. She has added our old favorites with a little extra, as they deal with the fallout of Lucan's announcement twenty years prior that changed everything, and for breed and humans alike.
We soon learn that Mira, while in charge of her own team within the order, is still haunted from a personal loss that she carries with her every day. Someone close to her that is now lost to her forever that has changed her, and she'll do anything possible to get those responsible for the tragedy.
She might have her friends and family around her, but there would always be a hole inside her heart that can't be repaired, as to her, something will always be missing.

Kellan has never had the greatest childhood, but his friendship, and relationship with Mira was something that change him for the better. If it wasn't for her, he probably wouldn't have survived as long as he did. The tragedy that took so much away from him has taken it's toll on the child boy when as a child. But years later, Kellan will be forced to do something drastic in hope to change for something happening.
After he left nine years prior, Kellan never thought he would see Mira again, but as the fates would have it, that would not the plan. Their paths soon cross and you begin to understand the hurt stuck between them, the longing, and the love still constant when they are both in the same room together.
Is it possible for two people who have been there for one another through so much be able to repair the damage that occurred years earlier? Can something be repaired when it felt like it was very much broken in pieces?

There are no words to describe how much I loved this book. Not only for Mira and Kellan. But for Nathan, their childhood friend, who I suspected is book is next on the agenda. (Crave the Night, is what its called), and also for the new generation of breed that we have come to know and adore during the course of this story. The kids are grown up and are coming into their own as individuals and warriors, and I am sure they will make their parents proud at who they are becoming.

We also get into the thoughts of come of our favourites, such as Lucan, who is as big of a presence was he was during the last ten books of this series. I look forward to seeing what the others have been up to.

If this is what we have to look forward to from this point on, then I say BRING IT ON!

Verdict: 5/5