staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Grasping at Eternity (The Kindrily, #1) - Karen Amanda Hooper Posted @ my blog
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

How would you feel if the love of your life has simply erased you, as if you or your lives together didn't matter or existed?
This is what Maryah did. She might not know it right now, or understand why, but before entering this life, she existed prior but erased every memory of those closest to her.

After the death of her parents, seventeen-year-old Maryah Woodsen has no idea the people who have taken her in are no strangers to her. They are more than family, but since she had erased her previous lives and memories for whatever reason, she doesn't understand why they act like they already know each other.
The relationship between Maryah and the son of the woman she is staying with was the main drawing point for me for this book. The love that he has for her is just insane. It's so.. undescribable that it would make even the most unromantic person weep with tears at the nature of their story.

The characters that Amanda has shared with us in this story are so full of so many characteristics. I feel drawn to every single one of them. From Maryah and Nathan, who I like to think are my babies of this series, as their story is the one main draw for me, and one I connect to most. Or maybe, because I just love these kind of love stories, as they really tear up your heart strings and yearn for a love like Nathan feels for her.

There is also a mystery to the plot. Yes, it's not all about the romance. The people or person responsible for killing her parents, they soon discover they aren't done. That she might have been the real target during this horrible incident after all. Will she rediscover her memories in time to find out who was responsible and why?

This was such a fantastic book. I would recommend it if you enjoy an amazing, re-incarnation type romances that will claw you at the heart at any given change. A good mystery that follows, and a great set of characters that you can feel for, and relate to. Each character is special and unique in their own way and serve a greater purpose in the long run.

I look forward until book 2 gets released. But I do have to say it's one heck of a starting novel.

5/5