staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Guardian - Heather Burch Posted on my blog:: Check it out.
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

A thank you to Netgalley for allowing me to review this title.

Nikki and her half-angel companions are off onto yet another adventure, and during this journey Nikki starts to understand who she really is. Amongst some self discoveries, she makes a choice between the ones she loves and the one that she is attracted to. It wasn't an easy decision, and so the triangle was still in place even though we knew who she chose.
I was glad I was on the winning side in terms of the triangle, I hope her decision doesn't change, because her choice.. I have felt has been the right one from the beginning.

Mace and Raven are both great guys, but I believe there has been one that Nikki has had more of a connection to since the beginning. But that's not to say she still can't be friends with the other, as I do think she needs them both in her life in some capacity.

Also, I don't get why people seem to snub on character if they are 'nice'. What is wrong with nice guys? But with Mace, he isn't just nice. There is so much to him than he lets on, and during this book, he is going through some stuff.. but that only makes him even more likable in my opinion. He isn't black and white. He has layers that not everyone can understand at first, but I believe Nikki will help him through them.
Raven on the other hand, it's also known he loves Nikki, and they share a connection. He does make me laugh, but it kind of feels like.. all these 'bad' guys I read about these days have the same qualities in them. They are bad, but not really. They are in love with the main character, but she loves someone else. Blah. I do wish things can change up in YA.

She also meets other halflings, so we're introduced to a few new characters, but there is the dreaded question about whether or not they are good, are they bad?

This was a quick read and a great installment to this series. I look forward to see how the next book goes.

4/5