staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning This review has been posted at The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

Bloodfever is the 2nd installment in the FEVER series, and things get up and running pretty quickly. When we left Darkfever, Mac and Barrons had just discovered the Book, Sinsar Dubh is moving around, or at least someone is moving it. When we start back up, Mac gets a fright of her life when she finds herself battling shades after someone decides to scare her off from Dublin. Not only that, Inspector Duffy comes and brings her maps, whom has formed the same idea she had previously about how a lot of places in Dublin no longer exist today, but they did in the maps from seven years prior. He wanted to know what she knew, but she couldn't let him in that kind of danger.

Things soon pick up pace as Mac gets a surprise visit, and her fears were confirmed to what she knew all along.
Mac also meets a newcomer, Dani who is a fellow Sidhe-Seer, along with that old woman Mac had met in the bar on her first few days in Dublin. Who would have thought she would be someone who Mac might have needed in the future?
During the course of this novel, she goes on a self discovery journey as she does these she normally wouldn't do, but that's because she has evolved from the person she was to the person she is now.

She realizes that you can't count your chickens right away. If something seems dead... it may not be necessary true.

We also discover some more of the Fae history when Mac makes a deal with the devil and by that I mean V'Lane. Since he is the perfect source of information she knows its best to get it from him, even though he probably shouldn't be telling her this, than from someone else who may not know all the facts.

Mac is still grieving her sister, but along the way she stops hurting so much. She still has the need for revenge, but for a gift of kindness, Mac receives a special present that helps her grieving process.

Barrons is still a mystery, although there are plenty of theories about what he is, and I have a feeling they are not nearly close to the truth than some people may think.
The end is another cliffhanger, and a bigger one this time. Karen sure does love leaving readers panting and eager for more. But that's one of the things I love about her. She knows how to draw you in.

Rating: 5 out of 5