staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Immortal Rider  - Larissa Ione Come check out this review and many more on my blog The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

I could just smack myself for not reading this sooner. I absolutely loved the first book in this series, Eternal Rider, and only made me look forward to the second. But for some reason, I hadn't gotten around to getting this, and I think I was on a YA kick.
But here we are, and I was glad I did get around to checking this book out. It was definitely worth the wait and time spent.

If you remember in book 1 we met the four siblings, also the horsemen(and woman) of the apocalpse. First we had Ares, and now his sister, Limos.
I wasn't sure what to think of her at first. She definitely was hiding more secrets than we, or her siblings knew about. And sometimes she could get frustrated with all her lies, but I understood why she didn't tell the truth right away, until she was forced to.
She hasn't had the easiest life. Not only was she raised basically in hell and grew up differently than her brothers, but she also found herself in a eternity-long marriage if or, when her seal breaks.

After a surprise kiss from Arik, that is the moment where both of their lives is forever changed. He didn't realize the consequences of one simple act.
He then finds himself in Hell, literally. And Limos will need to find a way to get him out of there before he does the one thing she told him not to under no circumstance, but how much torchure can one human be able to handle?

I didn't know what to expect of Limos and Arik's story, but what I got I loved. I loved discovering more about them, plus not only that, but the side story sets things up for Than's book which is next, so that was nice to see. It makes me anticipate getting to that book, which I plan to buy soon enough.

If you haven't read this series yet, you should, but before you do that, read Larissa's "Demonica" series first, as even though its not necessary, but the world building starts off in the previous series.
I see this more as a spinoff. Its set in the same world, and there are appearances from old characters, but the main characters are completely new.

Rating: 5 out of 5