staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Born at Midnight - C.C. Hunter Posted also at my blog: The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

If I could bang myself on the head for not reading this sooner I would. I can't believe it has taken me this long to get around to reading this series. Yes, I am ashamed.
I kept seeing these books in the bookstore, heard about them through reviews and bloggers, but I can now say I am thankful I went and bought the book myself and decided to read it.

Kylie was just an ordinary girl, dealing with friendships and ex boyfriends, when her father leaves and she gets caught at a out of hand party. What does her parents then do? Ground her? No. Yell? No. But instead, they send her off to a camp that will help for people like her.
Yeah.
Freaks.

But once Kylie arrived at Camp 'Shadow Falls', she starts to see that things, and the people there aren't normal. They aren't even human, well not really. Why was she brought with them when she is normal, and these people aren't?
Kylie spends pretty much most of the book convincing herself that she is there by mistake, that there has to be some other explanation as to why they think she belongs there.
She isn't a vampire or some kind of fey. She isn't a werewolf. She is ... well, Kylie.
Shadow Falls is a different kind of place than she imagined, but soon she discovers a blast from her past, along with not just one, but two guys she develops feelings for.

Derek and Lucas. Two guys who couldn't be even more different from one another, but also they own a place in Kylie's heart. Its the beginning of a triangle, that was for sure.
I adored both of them... and throughout the whole book I wasn't sure what Team I was on. I couldn't pick because both of them had qualities that appealed to me, and to Kylie.
But now that I think about it, I think I am leaning toward Team Derek. It might have to do with the fact that I found myself scanning pages looking for his name. If that doesn't say something, I don't know what does.
But I guess we'll see in the next two books, which I need to get and read.

Rating: 5 out of 5