staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Spark  - Amy Kathleen Ryan The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

I admit, Glow didn't blow me out of the water. I wasn't even sure I would want to read Spark, but since I was given this book to review from the publisher, I decided I had nothing to lose and would check it out.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I did enjoy this book. I would say, definitely more than the first. I had no expectations going on, and so what I got out of it was quite a surprise.
I do like the format, Amy does with this series with each chapter an alternating point of view, in each of the three main characters POVs.

Keiran can be a pain in the butt at times, and there are times where I wanted to knock some sense into him and smack him, but then, I also think he is also a teenager and is trying to do what he thinks is best, and that doesn't always come across well to others.
Seth, is someone who I continue to like... but he hasn't had it easy and the fact that he and Keiran don't get along doesn't help matters.
Waverly, for someone so young hasn't had it easy, and it doesn't help that she gets the blame for not bringing their parents back.
The others didn't understand, because they weren't there, and have no way of understanding what happened, nor what it took for her to leave the parents and she couldn't do anything about it.

When more danger starts to occur upon their ship, people start to get scared and wonder who they can really trust. Each of the characters have their role to play in this book, and the consequences that transpire turn the heads upside down.

Thanks to the publisher, Pan Macmillan for letting me this opportunity to review this title.

Rating:: 4 out of 5