staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Burn Bright - Marianne de Pierres Posted on my blog:: Check it out.
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

My thoughts -- I can't believe I took this long to read this book. I remember starting the book last year, but then put it down for some reason and hadn't had the chance to read it again since.
And when I recently decided to pick this up again, I was so glad that I did.

The story takes place in the future. I am not sure when... as I'm not sure it says, but the world is different and is separated into different areas. Where Retra lives, it's more like a compound where you are pretty much enclosed in like a community, but she especially gets monitored after her brother left her all alone. When he escaped to a 'fun' and carefree place called Ixion.

We follow Retra as she goes on a journey to somewhere she has only heard about but never been, in search of her brother. But when Retra does arrive, so soon realizes that not everything is as she thought it would be. It'll change her whole perspective forever, and she might never want to leave.

We see a sort of triangle... in a way. Retra likes a guy, who doesn't seem to share her affections, and then we have this other guy from Ixion who seems to be obsessed with her. he also protects her from the others who might want to cause her harm.
Its not your traditional triangle.

This book was quite different. It was full of mystery and raw emotion. Of family loyalty and new friendship. It was about one girl discovering a new lease on life that she never thought she had before.

I didn't realize this author was Australian until I read that she was, nor did I know was this only available here in Australia. I do hope the US and other places manages to get this release at some point, as I can see this is the kind of book that would do well overseas, especially given the genre.

I look forward to reading the next book in this trilogy. I have heard many good things about it.

Rating: 4 out of 5