staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar - Kady Cross Posted on my blog:: Check it out.
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

In the sequel to 'The Girl in the Steel Corset', Finley and the gang find their way heading toward New York City to help out their friend, Jasper who has been arrested for something he may or may not have done.

Upon arriving, they soon discover that not everything as it seems, and nor are the people. Each one of them will have to navigate their way around the city to try discover the real truth of what went down and find a way to free their friend from this mess he has found himself in.

Meanwhile, Griffin and Finley's relationship takes an interesting turn, as they try to work out just how they feel about one another.
I have loved these two ever since she ran into him at their first meeting in the first book of this series. I knew, I was definitely Team Griffin back then, and I never swayed.
There is this push and pull factor with them. Either they don't think they are good enough for the other, or some other reason, so I was glad there was definite progress made in this book. I can't wait to see where things go next from here on out.

Sam and Emily also have an interesting relationship. She is into him. He is into her, but neither has had the guts to tell the other. Sam thinks he is into Jasper, and Emily just won't acknowledge her feelings enough to tell him.
It was nice to see some progress for these two as well, even if they are side characters. They are important ones.

Last but not least, Jasper learns some valuable lessons in this book, as he finally understands where his true friends life, the truth about his past .. along with some shocking deceptions that he won't see coming.
But by the end, I feel he is better for the things he discovers and knows, which will help him in the long run.

A great sequel, and I can't wait to see what is next.

Rating: 5 out of 5