staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Insurgent - Veronica Roth Posted on my blog:: Check it out.
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

It all started with the initiation.... One choice. Tris's choice. That's what it all comes down to. In the thrilling second book in Veronica Roth's 'Divergent' Trilogy comes a action packed sequel to the book we all fell in love with.
The last time we left Tris, she had just lost both of her parents and fought a war that she did not expect to happen.
The story picks up pretty much where it left off in Divergent. Tris, Caleb, Four, Peter and Marcus have left and are slowly making their way toward safety. But things don't go according to plan, as expected.

The group have to rely on each other even though, it might be the last thing they want to do. Not all of them get along and that causes for some quite tension-filled silences.

This book was insane. It was full of action, shocks and surprises along the way. Tris is as strong as ever, but she is going through so much just to try keep things together. After all, at the end of the day, she is still a 16 yr old teenage girl and the things she has gone through make her stronger, but they also affect her deeply.

Her relationship with Four, or whom we probably should refer to him as Tobias, gets stronger after each passing day, but things arent perfect. They go through some heartbreaking stuff. I guess the question is, whether they are strong enough to withhold it and come out better on the other side.

Unexpected betrayals, newcomers and surprising revelations make this book so much better than the first book. I could not put this down.
In this story, you get to understand more about the Divergents, more about each of the Factions. It was interesting to see because we didn't really know much about them before now.

Of course we then have the all dreaded cliffhanger... and then you think.. "You leave us with THAT?" Yes... and the suspense builds.
I look forward to see how the final book brings everything together and closes this amazing series off. It's gonna be one hell of a year until the final book gets released.

Rating: 5/5