staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Halflings - Heather Burch Posted on my blog:: Check it out.
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

First off, I would like to thank Netgalley for allowing me to review this book, as it has been something I have wanted to read for awhile. Next up. This book I quite enjoyed, but I do have a few complaints which I will go into soon enough. Nikki Youngblood is a very strong and kickass heroine who will do as she pleases and doesn't care what is happening. She'll be one of those girls that do head first into danger, not because she isn't scared, but because she is brave and refuses to run away from what scares her.

Then there are her two heroes who have a job to do and that is to guard her. Mace and Raven, who both find themselves falling in love with the young girl. They aren't alone. Nikki finds herself drawn to their whole family, which becomes her family the more time they spend together as a group.

As expected the relationship between Nikki, Mace and Raven soon develops into a sort of love triangle, or at least, the makings of one.
As much as I enjoyed this book, and Mace *swoon*, I do have some complaints.

I kind of felt this book was very similar to other books I have read. I know, a lot of books in this genre can tend to feel similar, while keeping their own unique feel to it. But I guess I was kind of expecting something else.

But I do applaud Burch for the world that she creates and the characters, which I did enjoy, and I look forward toward the 2nd book in this series to see where the plot takes me and to see how the relationships develop between the characters.

Rating: 3/5