staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Divergent  - Veronica Roth Read this, and more reviews at my Blog: Stay to the Light Reviews

Beatrice Prior, also known as Tris has led an ordinary life, that is, until she had to decide which faction she must live in for the rest of her life. In her Dystopian world, Chicago has been split up into five factions: Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). She grew up in Abnegation and everyone assumed (she included)that is what she would choose. Right? Wrong.
It wasn't until the choosing ceremony where she even surprises herself by not choosing Abnegation, but instead decides to choose Dauntless. She feels she has let down her family, but this is what she must do -- for herself.
She soon herself discovering their way of life, and it's enough trying to get through the initiation stage, less alone trying to deal with an unexpected romance, friends she aren't sure whether they like her or want her dead. Tris discovers things about the Faction that they don't want anyone else to know, and how sometimes... things aren't what they seem.

I loved this much so much. It was fast paced, with action to boot. It was high on my list along with The Hunger Games, which says a lot! I fell in love with Tris, who is such a strong survivor even for someone as young as she is. She is learning to be away from her family and not knowing anyone, but in the end.. she grows into this woman anyone would be proud to lead a revolution.

Other characters I loved: Four.. which is probably my 2nd favourite of the book, and up to par with Tris. He is someone whom is teaching Tris through training and making her into one of them. She discovers there are secrets about him that not many people know, and it will surprise you.

She makes a few friends along the way, as they band against their enemies who wish to kill them for a spot in the faction. Love, Loss, Betrayal. It all comes down to what you are willing to do to be there. To survive and becoming one of the Dauntless.

I totally reccommend this to everyone who loves The Hunger Games. You shall not be disappointed. I wasn't.