staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test) - Aime Carter This review has been posted at The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

In the sequel to, "Goddess Test", Kate has just spent the past six months travelling the world with her friend, James who kindly decided to travel with her so that she isn't alone. As much fun as she might have had, Kate can't wait until she is back with Henry since they haven't seen each other since she left.

But upon her arrival, things aren't what she expected them to be. Henry is basically ignoring her, and she discovers that there is an enemy awakening that has the potential to destroy them all.
While Kate had sentenced Calliope down to the underworld to spend time with each girl she had killed before Kate, things don't stay that way. She soon finds a way to extract her own revenge. Not just on Kate, but on them all, since I guess she blamed them all for not stopping Kate and the punishment she dished out.

When Henry suddenly disappears, Kate has to try to find a way to find him, which means going down to the underworld and going to the one person she wish she didn't have to see.
Her sister.
Persephone.

This was a great installment to the trilogy. I always wondered what Persephone was like, and to be honest -- in the beginning I didn't like her at all. But then towards the end you could see she wasn't so bad after all.
I was glad that this introduction to her just resolved Henry's feelings for her, since he never got that in the past, so that there was always these lingering feelings for her which always there in his heart and mind.

There was a definite cliffhanger to this book, and one that just makes you hate Calliope even more than you might have before. It's a "OMG.. You can't leave it there," kind of ending, and it just makes you want the next book like NOW. Unfortunately we have to wait, but I am sure it will be worth it and all this heartache will have some kind of resolution.

I felt Kate's heartache when she felt that Henry didn't love her, and only married her because he had to. It didn't help that Henry didn't put her mind at ease very easily, which only just added to her doubts. It was understandable, because what's in a guy's head... well, wouldn't we all like to know. If he never told her then it's hard on Kate to really understand how he felt toward her.

Rating: 4/5