staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
The Book of Blood and Shadow - Robin Wasserman Posted on my blog:: Check it out.
The Book Twins | YA & Adult reviews

I admit, I had a hard time trying to get through this book. I don't know what it was, I can't really explain it. For the first few chapters I felt like something was putting me to sleep and I couldn't bare to move forward. The pace was slow and nothing was really happening, but I knew I had to stick to it and I did.

It was a hundred or so pages inward that things did start to pick up and get interesting. That was when the plot and story started to happen. Where things begun to make sense and you understood the premise of the story which you had read about in the description for the novel.

The story soon transformed into something I didn't expect. It was captivating and fulfilled those promises in which we came to expect from this book.

Robin Wasserman did a great job in building this story and the world she created. It might have started off slow and took a little while to get going, but once it did it changed into something you couldn't put down. There was twists and turns so shocking that you just had to see what is going to happen next.

I really liked each of the characters in this book. I think my favourites were Nora and Chris, and Max for a time even if he acts a little creepy at times.

But by the end of the book, you will start to wonder whether you really knew certain characters at all. There are certainly things you don't see coming, but it doesn't take away from the story at all. If anything, it just only adds to it.

If you are looking for a book of mystery, and a little dark. That is full of intrigue, romance with dead-set shockers that will leave you gasping for more, then this book is for you.

I would like to thank Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read this book. This was an exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 3/5