staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
The Darkest Secret - Gena Showalter Come and check out my other reviews at: Addicted to Words | YA and Adult review & More

In my attempt to catch up on this series before the newest novel comes out, comes Amun's story, whom hasn't had the easiest time of late.
To be honest, when I read the first chapter I had to double check to see whose book this book, because if I didn't know any better I would have thought this was Strider's book and not Amun's.
But nonethless, not soon after that we finally dig into his story and his leading Lady, the hunter Haidee.

I thought this book was good, but probably not as good as the others. Maybe I was just thrown off for thinking I knew what was going to happen. But nonetheless, I did enjoy the story.. and it was interesting to see that Haidee isn't as you originally think she is.
Yes, she has dome bad things, but only for certain reasons. She was told certain facts that may or may not be true, and that impacted on how she dealt with the rest of her life.

Haidee was able to do one thing that nobody else seemed to be able to do. Was to hold Amun's demons at bay, which means all the souls from hell that reside inside him. And so, he needs her as much as she needs him. And together they travel on a journey and then in the end.. they just can't let each other go, and won't.

I was glad to see Amun get a happy ending after everything he had been through. He deserved it, and while Haidee wasn't my favourite heroine, she was good for him.