staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Crave - Melissa Darnell This review was also posted at Addicted to Words | YA and Adult review & More

My Review::
Bloodlust.Magic.Forbidden love.Secrets.
That sentence on the front of the cover, I think was what made me want to buy this book. I kept seeing it, and I knew it was definitely something I might like, and by goodness, I was right.

I was hooked from the very beginning. I loved both of the main characters, and even though it took me a little bit to adjust to seeing both of their POV's, it was quite insightful. It seems more and more authors are doing it these days.
I'm not sure if I would be able to write from a male's POV, because who knows what goes on in their brains, less alone what they feel. LOL

It starts off with Savannah Colbert, who never understood why The Clann kids (meaning the kids/teenagers of the ancestors who founded the town) hated her. It was never always like that. There was a time when they were all friends. But that changed..

After she comes back to school after being out sick, Savannah can't help but being drawn to Golden boy and one she used to know as kids, Tristian Coleman. She feels this urge just to be near him, and it's not something she can quite explain or understand.

When more discoveries start to come to light, not just about herself, but about the town, it's people and her own family for that matter. She starts to realize everything she put off as rumors are actually the truth.

But the closer Savannah and Tristian get to one another, the more the adults of their own warn them off. Their love isn't meant to be a good thing. But they can't help how they feel.

---

I loved this book. I really can't wait for book 2. Anyone know when that's meant to be? Like yesterday, please.
It has everything I love. From forbidden love to mystery and mythology. It was a package deal and I was so glad I took the time to give this story a chance.