staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10) - Lara Adrian This review was also posted at Addicted to Words | YA and Adult review & More

In probably what you would call the most anticipated book in this series, Lara Adrian does not disappoint.
Chase's story has been one that's been building up over the entire series thus far, and I remember Lara telling me it was one he had to be deserving of.. and oh, he was.
Not only was Tavia deserving of him, but he was also deserving of her. She was everything a love interest for him should be. She was strong and independant and strong, even though she found herself mixed up within the whole breed business before she even knew what exactly it meant.

Tavia's life had been been easy, but she thought she knew who she could trust, and then to find out her entire life had been a lie has got to be quite the shock. To anyone. Bur she handed everything that came her way with a maturity and grace I hadn't seen before.
That's not to say the other breedmates werent just as great, but Tavia had something unique about her that makes her stand out, and maybe that's one of the things that attracts Chase to her.

From the very first moment these two had interacted in the book, I knew we were in for something special and I was right.
Chase hasn't had it easy lately. He begins to face his past and see some realizations. She makes him worthy. Tavia is what brings out the best in him as he begins to realize.

If you think this story was just about them.. think again. Sure, that was the whole point, but there was something bigger going on.
Dragos.
Oh, I hated him for so long and he always seemed so confident of being two steps ahead of the order. He thinks he could get away with anything, and he almost did.
In this book we see the conclusion to this plot.. he really gets what is coming to him.

But not just that. We also get to see other relationships and friendships in this book.
From Lucan (L)and Gabrielle, to Brock and Jenna as she begins to find out what exactly she is.
This is a family. They might not be blood, but what they share with one another is so much bigger than that.

The epilogue of this novel.. on one thought it seems pretty final, and then on another.. by the end, it also feels like the beginning of something new and I personally can't wait to discover it.

I am so glad there are gonna be more books, even though it might not be in the same area as we have come to expect from this series.
But Lara can write anything and I will buy it.