staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Eternal Rider - Larissa Ione Come and check out my other reviews at: Addicted to Words | YA and Adult review & More

In the first novel in the Larissa Ione's 'Demonica' spinoff series, we find ourselves immersed in the world similar, and yet a little different to what we had experienced before.
Here we have three brothers, and one sister. The four horsemen of the apocalypse. But they will only transform into these if the seal they have been entrusted with breaks before a prophecy comes to light.

Eternal Rider, happens to be Ares, or also known as WAR if it ever happens. When something traumatic happens to one of his siblings, Ares and his newly recruited human partner, Cara find themselves in quite the prediciment.

Cars has her own past to contend with. When one night someone drops an injured dog on her doorstep, she is forced to try to save him. She is forced to open doors that has been shut for many years, but because she can't bare to see an animal in agony she does it.
But this is no ordinary animal. Oh no. It's a creature. A hellhound, who soon bonds himself to her, making her special. A target also to those that want to kill this creature, and since their lives are linked.. if he dies, she dies.
With this info, Ares makes it his mission to protect her at all costs, because the last thing they need is this hellbound to die, because of the consequences that will come if that happens.

The gradual love that came between the two of these was done beautifully. It was so natural and realistic. I loved it.
I was hooked from the very first page, and I can't believe It took me this long to finally read the book. I think I was hesitant because I couldn't imagine it living up to the previous series.
But I was so wrong, and now I have to get my hands on book 2.

The plot was well thought out, and the characters quite entralling. This is recommended to all paranormal romance fans.