staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Shatter Me  - Tahereh Mafi Come and check out my other reviews at: Addicted to Words | YA and Adult review & More

In the debut novel, Tahereh brings out a story that is unique in the dystopian genre that will bring you to your toes and make you yearn for more.
The book starts off with a bang and we are brought to our protoganist Juliette as she sits in a cell where she has been for the past three years after she had been kidnapped from her own home and taken to a institution.
Juliette has not had any contact with anyone, less alone spoken to a single soul since she arrived.
She has forgotten what she looks like as it has been so long since she was able to look in the mirror.

Just when Juliette was getting used to her life in her cell, in comes a new person sent in for some reason. He seems familar to her for some reason, but she can't put her finger on it. Until she sees his eyes, and that is the moment she can't believe. What are the odds that her past has come into her present?

Adam.
He is someone who makes her feel unbelievable things. She wants him to touch her. But he shouldn't.
Whomever touches her, or she touches.. bad things happen. They die. It's a power she doesn't understand. She hates it. She hates who she is and would take it back if she could.

When she discovers what he is doing there and her purpose is for being in this place will make her even more determined to leave no matter the cost.
There will come a point where she will stop being a victim and start being a warrior. A survivor. A fighter.

This book was perfect. I loved it from the very first page. I even bought this book twice, because my original copy had gotten ruined on christmas day when we had a horrible storm over here in Melbourne, Aus and it just happened to be in my bag that I took to my sisters.
The story. The characters and the plot was written so beautifully. The love story between the two main characters was so real. So honest and realistic that you can't help but fall in love with them yourself.
Adam was amazing. I want an Adam.
Not only do you get to see Juliette's story, but you also see his. He is definitely more than a love interest, as he should be.

I am eagerly awaiting book 2 in this trilogy especially with the way this book ends.
If you are a fan of dystopia then you are be sure to love this.
If you haven't read this already. Do so now.