staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
If I Die - Rachel Vincent This review has also been posted on Addicted to Words Reviews!

Kaylie Cavanaugh has been through more than one sixteen year old girl normally would, especially in the past six months. And things are about to get worse.
Just when she is repairing her relationship with her boyfriend, Nash, there is news that comes about. The new list is out and she is on it. Which means, in the next week she will die.
This is news she nor anyone else she cares about knows how to handle. It was not something she expected, but she has known she was on borrowed time ever since her mother's life was traded for hers.

As she tried to deal with that, there is teacher who doesn't appear to be human and she suspects that he has something to do with the fact that a girl got pregnant and didn't understand how(well, not how..) it happened.

First off, I would like to say how I do love this cover. This and My Soul to Steal are my favourites, maybe because they feature Nash who I love.
I had been dreading this book for a few months now, and while it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, it wasn't that great either.. apart from the plot which I felt was compelling and interesting.

After this book.. I have lost respect for Kaylie. I loved her and Nash as a couple, and I feel they complement each other and help each other more than I could explain, but something changed since the last book.. and I just don't understand Kaylie anymore. I think Nash deserves way better. At this point, and I was much angrier after I finished the book, so this is me calm. Nash loved her and would do anything for her, but how does he get treated? Like crap. He has tried to make it up to her with what happened when he was using, but she could never forgive him, not really.
I am now Team Sabine, because at least she is there for him in his time of need and will never give up on him. Kaylie? Pfft. She and Tod deserve each other. I just have lost respect for them both, and couldn't care less what happened to them from this point forward.

I enjoyed seeing Kaylie's dad more, and I loved how he would do anything to save her.

At this point, I will read the rest of the series just to see what happens with Nash, and Sabine. And I DO want Nash and Tod to be brothers again, because I feel that is an important aspect in the series, and something this book was lacking.
Tod was such an A'hole to Nash, and he needs to do something to make it up to him.

The only thing.. I felt was okay in terms of Kaylee was what she did for Nash in the end.

Anyway.. I'm letting my personal feelings out a little more than I liked. But over all, i thought the book was okay, but it didn't live up to all the hype it was surrounding it.. I felt the others books prior was much better.
I am looking forward to seeing what happens in the next book.

I rate this book: 3 out of 5