staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
City of Bones - Cassandra Clare It had been so long since I read this series, so I thought it was time for a re-read before the new book comes out in a few days.

I felt this was a great first book in the series. I really enjoyed the characters. Valentine is such a great villian. He also makes it a point where you start to understand his side of things because he can be so charming.
Jace and Clary. Well, aren't these two quite a pair. I guess the warning Jace had gotten in regards to 'falling in love with the wrong person' is starting to make sense to him now, even though he may only be starting to realize it.
I remember when I first read this book.. I couldn't believe Cassie were going to make these two siblings. I was so heartbroken by the end of the book that I went out the next morning to buy the next two books. I had to know what was going to happen next.

I also liked Isabelle and Simon. He may have said that he was trying to make Clary jealous by acting interested in Isabelle, but I have a feeling there is more to it than he was saying he just doesn't see it yet.
Poor Simon.. he was thrust into this world and he seemed to accept it pretty easily, more so than one human would have done so. Clary too was a little unsurprising, even though she did have some denials in the beginning.
The story was quite compelling and interesting on a level which I hadn't experienced before. It was very detailed and the story telling was precise. I liked that. It's always nice to read a book where not only do you get told what's happening.. but you also experience it for yourself.

I'm looking forward to re-reading the next book.

Btw.. can anyone tell me.. how is Jace pronounced? Is it Jace (Like Chase) or Ja-ce (Jay See)
All these years I have been pronouncing it as the former, but I have heard it's the latter lol