staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
The Keepers (The Keepers Trilogy, #1) - J.L. Block This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

I'd like to thank the author for giving me this chance to review this book. I was given this free in exchange for an honest review.

This book is set in an New Adult setting, but also reads like YA, so it could be classified as both. The main character, Ava led a perfectly normal life for a while, but everything changes dramatically when she is attacked and finds herself involved in a new type of society.
She'll have to go through some trials and tribulations, but in the end, I found that she became a stronger person because of all she had been through and dealt with.
She goes from being average, to becoming this whole new person, and in a world she had no idea that even existed, but when she finds herself involved with the keepers, it opens up a whole new experience for her.

An action packed story with a touch of romance, this is a great story to get yourself into if you are looking for something a little bit different, and yet so familiar.

This is my first book by J.L Block, and she also happens to be Aussie like myself, so I was intrigued. The world she created, these characters and the world-building fasincated me. It was definitely a great start to this trilogy.

Rating: 3.5/5