staytothelights

My Blogtastiic reviews

Linked
Imogen Howson
The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
Claire Merle
Avenger's Angel - Heather Killough-Walden This review has been x posted at The Book Twins

I've recently read a couple of Adult angel books recently, and this is the one that has stood out to me the most. Ever since I saw this book in the store I knew it sounded like something I would enjoy. For the past while, I have been loving books with angels in it, YA and Adult...and this was no different.

Meet God's top warriors: Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Azrael. In reward for their loyalty, God created female angels perfect for each of them. The other half of their very soul, but when something happens and the women disappear and cast down to Earth, the four warriors follow them to try to locate their chosen ones.
But they aren't alone...
They have been followed by an enemy who will do everything to stop them from achieving their soulmates.

After thousands of years and no success, the guys start to give up on ever finding the angels, but the moment that Uriel crosses paths with Eleanore Granger, he knows. But as obstacles threaten to stop them from ever finding their way to each other, the question lies between both of them.. can the love they have for one another prevail over everything else?

This was such a fantastic first book in a new series. I loved all of the archangels. Some of them are more torchured than the rest, but each of them hold their own secrets that will make you love them to bits. I look forward to reading the next installment in this series.

Ellie is a strong woman, who didn't give in to pretty boys, but I love her relationship with Uriel and how it progressed slowly throughout the book. It felt very natural and compelling to me. And I love how she also interacted with his brothers. It should be interesting to see them discover their own mates wherever they may be. And hope that Samual does not get to them first.

Samual was an interesting villian. I didn't realize he was at the beginning, but I wonder if he wanted Ellie because he wanted someone to love for himself. Maybe Heather will write him a book and give him his own love interest. Time will tell.

Rating: 5/5